CORGI or NOT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it normal practice for a Corgi registered installer to get another installer to sign off the installation of a new central heating system? I'm beginning to wonder if the guy who did the work was registered himself. I didn't employ him directly as he was a sub-contractor of my builder - or I would have checked before.

Sponsored Links
I think its perfectly reasonable for a non corgi plumber to install the central heating and boiler if he then gets a CORGI chap to connect the gas and perform the necessary safety checks.

Corgi disagree with that absolutely. Whether it's sensible in the real world - depends on the people I think.

Sponsored Links
i am sorry to comply with current legislation the person who fits the boiler/flue/gas supply must be a class of competant person IE CORGI REGISTERED as defined by the hse not a mate of a mate who is corgi even though he will take any flack as he has signed it off

so I guess moving a gas meter wouldn't be something a Corgi guy would do either (if Transco said no)

no would be the answer from my point of view but others may disagree

Transco are the only ones who can disconnect the main gas inlet to the meter.....officially.

Providing someone has the ACS qualification for meters they can move them , but not alter service pipe before main tap. Ollski it all depends what you define the main inlet because there will be certain situation where the meter will have to removed and this will include removing pipe from immediatley above main tap to facilitate this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back