Corgi registration

• Thread starter Bambergaspipe
  • Start date
B

Bambergaspipe

This year I decided to get rid of my badge & go it alone. All I do know is take my qualifications & present them to my customers, they know I am competent to work with gas & everybody`s happy. Just thought I would share this with every gas fitter sick of paying through the teeth for a fat bloke to come out once every year or so to tell you how great you are. F**k Corgi I have never been busier. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Alas although your certifactes state they are certificates of competance the law requires you to be a member of a certified body which you wont be so working illegally.

Don't know what to say Bamber :confused: Or is this a cat amongst the pigeons wind up for an otherwise quiet weekend :LOL:

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
Or is this a cat amongst the pigeons wind up for an otherwise quiet weekend :LOL:

Has bamber ever posted anything else?

Dan_Robinson said:
Brave, but possibly very silly.

Corgi registration is just a name on a list. It is not a qualification. I repeat. Being Corgi registered is not a qualification. A.C.S. is a qualification. Accredited Gas Certificate. I have no obligation to prove to my customers that I am Corgi registered, I have an obligation to prove I am competent. My City & Guilds deem me so. I have no need to register with anyone, especially Corgi.

(I talked to my solicitor at full length about this ).

Bambergaspipe said:
Dan_Robinson said:
Brave, but possibly very silly.

(I talked to my solicitor at full length about this ).

Best get a new one then. There is a legal requirement for you to be a member of a competent person's scheme, of which there is only one which is run by corgi. I think you are talking sense and have argued the same point myself in the past, it is correct in common sense however not on law.

So what about the bit in the Gas Regs that say that you are required to be a member of a 'class of persons' approved by the HSE?

I talked to my solicitor at full length about this

If you have talked to your solicitor for any length of time I suspect you could have just paid your CORGI sub instead and still have change left in your pocket.

Sounds more like a pub discussion to me. You are either arrogant or misguided. Either way I hope you will keep us abreast of developments :evil:

[quote="simond]

You are either arrogant or misguided.

Arrogant yes, misguided.. I think not. If I`m wrong, attend one of my jobs & sue me for not being registered. You will lose. ;)

As the phrase 'the laws an ass' no one can possibly predict the outcome of any court case these days :eek:

I won't be attending your jobs or sueing you Bamber. It's none of my business.

Arrogance has its virtues, I'm tempted to say good luck with your endeavours......

Accepting that this is a wind up:

no self-employed person shall carry out any such work, unless the employer or self-employed person, as the case may be, is a member of a class of persons approved for the time being by the Health and Safety Executive for the purposes of this paragraph.

Unfortunately for you that means CORGI'd.

Just as I can't do work without it being backed up by an invoice for my company - even though I'm the boss.

quote="simond"]I won't be attending your jobs or sueing you Bamber. It's none of my business.

I think you just made it your business when you posted a reply? Has your bottle gone :LOL:

Dan_Robinson said:
no self-employed person shall carry out any such work, unless the employer or self-employed person, as the case may be, is a member of a class of persons approved for the time being by the Health and Safety Executive for the purposes of this paragraph.

Unfortunately for you that means CORGI'd.

Health & Safety? Read the Gas Regs mate ;) :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back