Cost of fitting new Central Heating System? Please Help?

D

deano54321

HI There!

I wonder if you could help me? :?:

I have just bought my first home which needs gutting and new central heating fitted. I would like a new "Ideal" combi boiler fitted as I have heard that they are very economical and are in line with the new laws coming in next year.

I have a 2 bed semi and will need 6 double convecting rads (1 small 5 large).

Can anybody give me an idea of how much I should pay? I have only had 1 quote so far for £4575. Can anybody tell me how much of this would be labour costs? I understand that the work should be carried out by a Corgi registered fitter, but think I could probably get it done cheaper!?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help! :D

Dean

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
Few fitters round our neck of the woods advertising in the Express and Star for systems starting at £2k-£2.5K

Email me and i'll put you in touch with a recommended guy :D

Sponsored Links
"I understand that the work should be carried out by a Corgi registered fitter, but think I could probably get it done cheaper!?"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why are you so bothered about his labour costs. How would you like it if he went to your boss and said you were a complete t****r who wasn't deserving of the wage you were being paid. Contrary to popular belief not all plumbers are rip off merchants. A lot of blokes charge what they think they are worth and can well do without penny pinching nobodies such as yourself.

It's upto u to decide on a competant engineer and the cheapest is not allways the best!
If you trust someone and they have a good name and have been recommended by people you trust then you cant put a price on that, if you want cheap you ,may well get cheap, but cheap doesnt allways mean not as good as the most expensive, choose people in the mid range and they mauy well be as bad or worse than the cheapest or the most expensive..

see?..easy choice .

solo said:
Why are you so bothered about his labour costs. How would you like it if he went to your boss and said you were a complete t****r who wasn't deserving of the wage you were being paid. Contrary to popular belief not all plumbers are rip off merchants. A lot of blokes charge what they think they are worth and can well do without penny pinching nobodies such as yourself.

Grow up.

If you want to discuss growing up feel free to pm me and we can discuss it away from the mods. T****r

How?, see forum rules, general information, item d

Hello Deano,

Have you considered economy seven storage radiators? £1500 or so would purchase them and any electrician can put them in. Biggest disadvantage of installation can be the chiselling out of the walls for the wiring, if the wires can't be run under the flooring.

They don't need expensive maintenance: no boiler servicing and replacement, no pumps to seize up, no flushing out needed, and no leaks. Add this to the cheap initial cost of them and, over the long term, the extra cost of running electric radiators balances out very well.

I've had all the forms of central heating over the years in many houses and economy seven wins the day for me.

Another advantage of electric heating is that when we quote to replace it with a wet gas system we can get a £275 subsidy towards the cost!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back