Cotswold Stone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking of having this aggregate laid down on our drive. Does anyone know of any long term problems we may come across.

Sponsored Links
it falls off.

literaly. doesnt matter what type of stone it is, it will fall off where it is, unless you have a "border" to keep it where ever you put it (if you see what i am trying to say)

and at the bottom? (where drive meets road)

other thing is it moves. my garden has a slight slope from left to right, although its only walked on, a couple of times a year i shovel it from the bottom of the slope back up again.

Sponsored Links
Breezer,
Our drive actually slopes upward at the bottom (or entrance which ever way you want to look at it). My wife and I really like the clean look it gives the property in which it sits (Cotswold stone I mean)

i nevr said dont use stone, i quite agree with you, we used to have a lawn (well it was made from growing grass, pain in the A...)

our garden is now gravel

The lighter coloured decorative stones can go green / browny over time as well. Something else to bear in mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back