Council Want To Remove My Parking Spaces

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live on a semi busy road that is a bus route, I have no drive and depend on parking spaces outside my house, I have a resident permit for these.

I have now had a letter from the council saying they want to remove the parking spaces outside my house as the bus drivers find it diffcult to get past when cars are there. Apperently even if we say no they can still go a head, and they wont give me any compensation.

Anyone else had dealings with the council on simular issue whats best way to deal with it or do I have just sit and take it :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Presumably you can use the permit in surrounding streets? they will go along the lines that you have no god given right to park outside your house even with a permit only in that area. Cant see you winning somehow. might be worth getting onto the local counciller

Thermo said:
Presumably you can use the permit in surrounding streets? they will go along the lines that you have no god given right to park outside your house even with a permit only in that area. Cant see you winning somehow. might be worth getting onto the local counciller

Turns out the person who put the application forward is a councillor who happens to live 4 doors along and doesnt like the buses stopping outside his house :evil: :evil: Hardly fair !

Sponsored Links
Rolo
Sorry to here of your woes ,
another cracker is starting a neighbourhood watch ,
no-one joins/ bothers at 1st .......lol
elect yourself chair for 5 yrs say an put it in the records... get a few lame neighbours to second you .......RESULT
Youre Now Der Fuhrer...!!!!!!!!!!!LOL LOl :)
do a bit of rallying , with other aggrieved people on your street then inform the local police of your group get a status , then make this ***** life Hell as a group .....
good tricks moniter his rubbish , an have them watch his house/HIM (will get paronoid quickly old bill cannot do anything an applauad your stance )
take it a lil further start checking his car for tax/an tire tread depths , when he is at a funtion as he goes out someone reports a prowler on his garden , as he comes home damned upset,
reporter of watch confront him all nice like ....
smell his breath /ring police he is drunk/driving ..
a few weeks he will be a broken man begging forgiveness

some here wondered why a loony such as myself got into the neighbourhood watch ......
long story but a Nemisis of my youth ....moved in my street an was the big-I-am ......
after our group targetted him he moved within a 6months ..lol

Rolo said:
Thermo said:

Turns out the person who put the application forward is a councillor who happens to live 4 doors along and doesnt like the buses stopping outside his house :evil: :evil: Hardly fair !

Ah all becomes clear. perhaps a little call to the local paper might help! Funny my grandmother always used to say councillers never do it for the good of the people, only what thye can get out of it themselves!

I bet the parking permit IS A PARKING PERMIT & not a reserved spot for you. I live in permit parking world...I have a permit I do not have a space.
The problem comes as I see it, is that you buy a property knowing you may be able to park & now cant.

parking permits are actualy fraud.

look at it this way.

you ask me for product x that i sell on my website.

I tell you its £y

you send me £y

I then say sorry you cant have it, I am also keeping the money.

You can then take me to court under the fraud act (or similar name)

the council on the other hand sell you a parking permit, which allows you to park in designated space / area.

They sell say 100 permits, but only have 50 spaces, that is fraud or deception, since they are selling you something (a sapce / area to park your car) but in fact dont have a space since they are full.

figure that one out

breezer
FACT ..well said ... an if you live near a works/train station who do they sell their permits to ... lol ....shameful ..

Diyisfun said:
I bet the parking permit IS A PARKING PERMIT & not a reserved spot for you. I live in permit parking world...I have a permit I do not have a space.
The problem comes as I see it, is that you buy a property knowing you may be able to park & now cant.

Agreed, yes I will miss the parking space if it happens but the reason he wants to do it is so the buses pull in outside my house to left traffic past as oppossed to his. He is pulling a fast one in my opionion, just cause he doesnt want them stopping out side his house he pushes the problem to mine. I will go local press.

Rolo
then if No joy ...Burn his house down ... on a long fuse like that soap show ..lol

you could always go into politics yourself Rolo. become mayor, then p*ss on all those that have wronged you in the past!

breezer said:
parking permits are actualy fraud.

They sell say 100 permits, but only have 50 spaces, that is fraud or deception, since they are selling you something (a sapce / area to park your car) but in fact dont have a space since they are full.

figure that one out

Not really fraudulent, they're actually selling the right to park without incurring further charges. You are assuming that 100 cars are present in the zone at the same time which would be unusual.

not in london it isnt

and it is fraud ,becuse they sell mre permits than they have spaces, like i said it would be like me seeling something i dont have, which is fraud / deception

Sponsored Links
Back