Councils policies on waste recyling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just went to the local RC centre, as the council like to call them with a boot full of the following, 2 doors cut up of course, some old plastic containers for cement mix, a couple of bags of old offcuts of wood found lying around the garden and in the shed and an old gate, broken into pieces.

I was told I could only dispose of 1 door this week and to make subseqent weekly trips to dispose of the other items at 1 item per week, because it was 'DIY' waste. I phoned the council and their justification was that landfill space is short and therefore DIY waste was restricted. But, I could practically empty the contents of my house and dispose of them in one trip as they would be classed as household waste. :confused:

I pointed out that most DIY waste such as wood, bricks, metal etc are recyled and they council actually make money from them, but its the domestic items, such as sofa's etc that end up in landfill.

I was then told I could take my 'DIY' waste to a special centre, where I could pay £15.00 to empty my boot. I am on £50.00 a week JSA, I'm not likely to spend £15 to get rid of some old rubbish now am I. :evil:

And they wonder why fly tipping is becoming such a big problem these days.

Sponsored Links
nstreet
JSA only £50 a week .... :( would like to see one of B'Liars MPs living on that a week an trying to get work...HHHMmmm

In my old sink estate they had a "bonny" ,bonfire an burnt the rubbish on the estate green once a week ,just like that "shameless" show ,come to think about it my old estate is near where that show is made chatty ,chatsworth

best is to wait til the tips shut then dump it at the gates ,watch for Hidden council spy cams though ,

or better still I always used a great trick ,
while working around London in the 80s an 90s ,
we had a trailer on our camper van....
we would fill it with the old bathroom suite /tiles /rubbish then at dusk we would drive to road works barried off an tip it next to the road spoil
an drive off , we always laughed ,I wonder what the road workers said on a monday morn as an old bathroom suite was next to their backfill ...

Moz said:
nstreet
JSA only £50 a week .... :( would like to see one of B'Liars MPs living on that a week an trying to get work...HHHMmmm

In my old sink estate they had a "bonny" ,bonfire an burnt the rubbish on the estate green once a week ,just like that "shameless" show ,come to think about it my old estate is near where that show is made chatty ,chatsworth

best is to wait til the tips shut then dump it at the gates ,watch for Hidden council spy cams though ,

or better still I always used a great trick ,
while working around London in the 80s an 90s ,
we had a trailer on our camper van....
we would fill it with the old bathroom suite /tiles /rubbish then at dusk we would drive to road works barried off an tip it next to the road spoil
an drive off , we always laughed ,I wonder what the road workers said on a monday morn as an old bathroom suite was next to their backfill ...
yes, im laughing too. hilarious. the joys of flytipping . . . :mad:

Sponsored Links
crafty1289
boo F**king hoo ..lol when the local council take your waste away ... then fly tiping stops over night , its not f**King rocket science you get a job done at your house you put your old bath out or waste it was thrown on the dust cart ,
nowadays the lazy work shy barstewards .. are told not to lift a black bag now an these stupid ..... silly bins ..lol..lol
all this for the increase in your council tax , this next year .. watch this space I will refuse to pay an like the pensioners go to prison for a week ..lol
BBc NORTHWEST !

Moz said:
watch this space I will refuse to pay an like the pensioners go to prison for a week ..lol
BBc NORTHWEST !
Not a bad idea if it help you to stop drinking :LOL: ;)

Moz said:
crafty1289
boo F**king hoo ..lol when the local council take your waste away ... then fly tiping stops over night , its not f**King rocket science you get a job done at your house you put your old bath out or waste it was thrown on the dust cart ,
nowadays the lazy work shy barstewards .. are told not to lift a black bag now an these stupid ..... silly bins ..lol..lol
all this for the increase in your council tax , this next year .. watch this space I will refuse to pay an like the pensioners go to prison for a week ..lol
BBc NORTHWEST !
my local council will remove DIY waste, some of it free of charge (they give furniture to charities etc). What you have to remember is YOU end up paying for its removal whether its from the roadside or from your front garden - all comes back in tax rises.

I was walking through the nice country park near my home a week ago, and there is a little dirt road where the fishermen/women/ppl park up at the bottom near the lake, there are about 5 parking spaces. Some IGNORANT T****R had been overnight and dumped building waste in green bags all over the side of the road. About 15-20 big green bags, a vanfull. I mean FFS are these people so hard up they have to dispose of their TRADE WASTE in a beautiful, scenic place, rather than pay a small fee to dispose of it in the proper way? It will cost the council probably 5 times what they would have paid to clean it up. :evil: But, what goes around, comes around. :rolleyes:

Moz said:
I wonder what the road workers said on a monday morn as an old bathroom suite was next to their backfill ...

"Not another DIYer turned away from the recycling centre" :LOL:

Bathroom suite = 5 trips = 5 weeks, according to the council.

Still struggling trying to get rubble into black bin liners, keeps falling through as soon as you have more than three bricks. ;)

I have been informed that the council will collect my doors at a cost of £7 each, maximum of three. I feel a big fire coming on, that will please the neighbours.

My local tip used to be great, some might say too easy...you'd always see builders there, but when asked, they'd say, n'ah just me household stuff...couple of bags of rubble ;)

Much rather have this than situation now where can only take metal and garden stuff...all the rest, need to jump through hoops! What do people do when got a job too small for a skip but too much to put in bin bags? ...and a license to carry rubbish...please! Agreed, Nstreet, that's why there's so much flytipping, which costs us more than a good waste disposal centre. At least people bring their rubbish there. Why not have this and then if anyone does flytip make sure they're come down hard on!

Penpushers no doubt had this brainwave to improve things :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back