Coving: paint with gloss or emulsion?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should one paint plaster coving with emulsion or gloss paint? Plaster walls are usually emulsioned, is coving the same?

The coving in a house I have just bought seems to have been painted with gloss paint. Is it OK to paint over this with emulsion? I can do it at the same time as I emulsion the ceiling!

Mike

Sponsored Links
emulsion, and yes it will cover it fine might need a few coats though....gloss on coving...yuuuuucccch

Thanks. I gave the coving a coat of emulsion last night. Looks like another touch-up coat will do it.

I also emulsioned the ceiling. What a job! A combination of cheap emulsion and cheap brush meant that I was continually stopping to remove brush hairs which had fallen out into the paint; the thin emulsion was flying all over the place, luckily I removed furniture and carpets from the room.

Mike

Sponsored Links
Frightening thought. Good paint and a good roller takes the pain and most of the mess out of painting ceilings. That and NOT trying to make the paint spread as far as possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back