Cracked shower tray - quick fix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gentle Men and Ladies

I have a plastic shower tray that has cracked. This is now leaking. The problem I have is that I am going to renovate the bathroom completely in about 4 months time. Is there a quick fix to the problem.

I have now supported the tray properly with bricks from the underneath.

Is there some sort of mastic I could use as a tempoaray measure?

To make matters worse the shower tray is sitting below a fixed corner enclosure.
:eek:
I thank You!

Sponsored Links
Something fell through my letter box the other day. It was a free sample of what I can only describe as a pre formed pliable mat. You peeled off the protective plastic bag, exposing it to the air, which then starts it to cure. Smelt a bit like fibre glass resin.

You are meant to stick this down over cracks in metal/plastic guttering or any other place that needs water-proofing,

I was just playing with it and mended something in the garden. It hardened , went very strong and was waterproof. It was fantastic.......................but I don't remember what it was called :rolleyes:

Not very helpful I know, but it would have done a good temporary job on your shower tray.

Go to your local car spares shop or halfords. ask for the fibreglass repair kits. Key the cracked area with sandpaper and use the matting in conjuctions with the resin. That should last a few years, nevermind a few months.

neutral curing silicone ....I assume you`ve already got the skeleton gun ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back