cracking around chases

S

sanj.varah

just put a load of chases in for some new sockets and then filled the chase in with thistle browning (i used cable in 20mm conduit for my sockets), as expected the browning shrunk. however i didn't expect it to crack in the chases. about to go for a final coat with thistle multi finish and i'm a bit worried that the cracks will show through into the final coat.

anyone got any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Did you PVA the chases before plastering?

If not, chances are the background has sucked the water out too quickly.

When did you do it? I shouldn't imagine the cracks will be a problem once you've skimmed as long as the browning has adhered properly.

Regards

Fred

hi fred,

yes i applied bucket loads of pva, i cut the chases with a wall chaser and the conduit fitted perfectly. once backfilliling the browning appeared to bow out and then shrunk back into the chase.

did it yesterday and applied the pva before hand. i'm going to give it a few more days to dry out then try 2 parts water to 1 part pva (this is what knauf said) and then a final skim.

i was hoping the final skim would take care of the cracks but i guess we'll see. if not polyfilla will sort it out!

sanj

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back