Cracks in wall..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i"ve recently noticed a thin crack running horizontally in both of my back bedrooms.the crack is in the plaster where the wall meets the ceiling and if you tap the wall it sounds hollow in places,my house is approx 25 years old and walls have not been re-plasterd.any advice??????

Sponsored Links
Sounds like its where they have plastered over the wall plate and the plaster hasnt bonded to the timber. Knock a bit off and have a look and tell us what is there.

could just have been caused by the hot long summer we have had. if they dont open up any further a flexible decorators caulking will quickly and easily sort it

Sponsored Links
Thanx for replys..bikerm4 i dont really want to make it any bigger but thanx for reply,i was thinking the same as Thermo that it was caused by temp change..will try flexible filler..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back