"Crazy" Caulk!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!!

You'll normally find me on UK Electrics but I am hopping around from here to there.

My question is this: I have decorated a few rooms at home - nothing fancy, just slapping emulsion on existing paper. Before that, however, I go round with decorators caulk and fill in all cracks between ceiling & coving etc, leaving it to dry for a day at least.

When the emulsion is dry, I find the paint over areas where the caulk has been applied have cracked.

Is there a reason? I like the caulk - it is easy to apply and flexible too. Where am I going wrong, and maybe you could suggest another (better?) filler?

thanks, people.

Sponsored Links
Yes, get rid of it! Spoken to a plaster mate of mine and they swear by this product.

Use Gyproc Easi-Fill and if the crack to big to fill in then use Gyproc stick-on mesh tape. It is the best product on the market and so easy to rub down as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back