Creda Comfortaire warm air central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I've a 6ft Creda Comfortaire storage heater with warm air supply in my flat.

It's stopped working, the light on the unit disn't come on and it definitely didn't store any heat last night. Trouble is it's connected to the power supply in such a way as only the fan gets power during the day so I have no clue where to start fault finding with the heater. It should only get powered up at night and the night time immersion heater appears to be working allright (runs off the same CU). Have checked continuity of fuse and that's ok.

Does anyone have any knowledge of these units, a wiring diagram or whatever who could advise please?

Thanks in advance.

Lesley

Sponsored Links
Take off the main cover after isolating mcb for it

You should find under the cover for the output /input dials, a thermal type fuse link or a little reset button. Check the fuse is ok with a meter as sometimes they appear ok but are infact broken, if a button type press it, if it clicks then it has gone and will now be reset.

Hacman

Thanks for posting in reply :) I only found it wasn't charging just before I went to bed the night previously.

The next day I checked the fuses and put them back in.

I also moved the temperature control on the unit from cold to very cold.

End result is last night wall light came on at the appointed hour and it charged up.

I will isolate it, take the cover off and hoover up and generally clean all switches and contacts tho. Probably just requires a certain level of TLC by now.

Hi,

I have the same problem! I have hoovered mine out looked for a reset switch (which there doesnt seem to be).

Everything is swiched on but the unit just does not warm up! I have replaced a 5amp fuse in the unit and the 30amp fuse in the fuse box.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have the same problem! I have hoovered mine out looked for a reset switch (which there doesnt seem to be).

Everything is swiched on but the unit just does not warm up! I have replaced a 5amp fuse in the unit and the 30amp fuse in the fuse box.

Start your own thread - this one is over 2 years old.

Regards.

Hi,

Hi, I also have moved into a property with a comfortaire, now the cold weather has arrived the boiler does not seem to be putting out any heat although there is plenty of very hot water! I have no instructions and the previous owner is no longer alive, does anyone know what I should do?

The other posts are talking about storage heaters? They are also fairly old posts, maybe better to start your own thread.

i have a creda comfortaire warm air heating system, only lived here since May and just dont know with the current electric prices if i dare switch it on!
We have worked out how to use it, that took some doing, have only just
realised it has a night time storage facility, I had normal heating before this
house, and boy, was it easier! Anyway, does it cost a lot to run? We have
economy seven, so we know it can be heated up at night, and it seems
having read other posts that the fan only comes on in the day, but do we
leave the dial always on night time storage? does that mean it comes on in
the day? or does the dial need to be turned round? does it go on and off like
a centrally heated system? Any help would be very much appreciated!!
Jackie

i have had a creda comfortaire system for many years now and find it very economical.leave the fan output set to normal and the input set to the weather conditions.this will then charge up over night on E7.the heating is then controlled by the room thermostat(just remember to turn the stat down at night and when you go out)both switches at the side of the unit need to be on.if you want to know anything else please contact me.also if anyone is scraping one of these units i may be interested in buying some spares

i have had a creda comfortaire system for many years now and find it very economical.leave the fan output set to normal and the input set to the weather conditions.this will then charge up over night on E7.the heating is then controlled by the room thermostat(just remember to turn the stat down at night and when you go out)both switches at the side of the unit need to be on.if you want to know anything else please contact me.also if anyone is scraping one of these units i may be interested in buying some spares

Martin, I am getting rid of my comfortaire. It's been replaced with individual storage heaters. Are you still interested in parts? I know some of the insulation is asbestos boards, but am just trying to find out which bits, so I can safely dispose of them. Do you happen to know?

I have a creda comfortaire heater but I would like to switch it off completetly. Could you help me by explaining me how to do this, please?

Thanks

is there a record how many times a thread has been resurrected? :rolleyes:

This has to be a contender.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back