Creda Electric Shower = Low Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced an old essential shower in my house for a Creda 550c 9.5kw shower. After I installed I wasn't happy with the force of the shower so I changed it for the 10.4kw version and it improved slightly but not much. Both of these new units are way less powerful than these new units. I don't get a low pressure warning either. When the flow is cold it is very powerful but as soon as you increase the temp it is pathetic.

Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
First of all, what is supplying the shower?

What size cable, switch, mcb, rcd, CU, and is there any bonding?

The cable is 10mm shower cable. I had to cut the old cable and connect another piece to it as the old cable wasn't long enough. I connected the cable by using a junction box (i think thats what its called). Im not sure what the other things are you are asking.

Thanks for the response.

cardiffdutch said:
The cable is 10mm shower cable. I had to cut the old cable and connect another piece to it as the old cable wasn't long enough. I connected the cable by using a junction box (i think thats what its called). Im not sure what the other things are you are asking.

Thanks for the response.

I hope it was a 60A junction box...

Sponsored Links
I think it was - Exceuse my ignorance but would that affect the showers performance. I presume there is a risk of blowing the shower and tripping the house if it isnt a 60amp junction box.

cardiffdutch said:
I think it was - Exceuse my ignorance but would that affect the showers performance. I presume there is a risk of blowing the shower and tripping the house if it isnt a 60amp junction box.

Overheated junction boxes toast themselfs and turn into carbon which conducts electricity where it should not be going..

I will double check tonight - Have you got any ideas of what could be causing the poor performance. I am thinking of chnging it for a Mira shower as I have heard that give the best performance.

If your JB is round, you have installed an entirely inadequate one. AFAICT, you can't get round 60A JB's.

There should be no unneccesary joints in a cable like this.

What about the rest of the circuit?

Switch size, MCB size, RCD present, which CU have you got, bonding etc, etc..

securespark said:
Switch size, MCB size, RCD present, which CU have you got, bonding etc, etc..
To add, you NEED to know ALL of these particulars BEFORE you make any change to a shower circuit. Without knowing these, you could be making a totally dangerous situation by fitting a higher powered shower or making other modifications.

Also note that modifications to fixed wiring in a bathroom is notifiable to your local building control under part p of the building regulations. You are breaking the law by doing this work and not notifying.

Please get an electrician in to ascertain the safety of your shower circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back