Cupressocyparis leylandii

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
... Councils will now have the power to impose fines of up to £1,000 on any owner of an anti-social evergreen hedge who refuses to trim it back to a maximum height of two metres (6ft 6in) when next door complains..... But anti-hedge campaigners, brandishing their tape measures, are furious that councils plan to charge up to £550 a time to pursue complaints.
Hedgeline, the national lobby group formed in 1998 to fight for lower leylandii, expects thousands of victims to file complaints but believes many more with genuine evergreen grievances will be deterred by the high fees...

Never thought I would see the day !! Simple measurement plus complaint should be enough, isn't the rule straightforward enough ?
Note how councils are now starting to charge for doing their job, I guess they feel we are happy to to be levied CT just to pay their f'ing bloated pensions ... Bit like a 'standing charge' ....
:D :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
I expect they want to discourage hundreds of people ringing up as soon as the hedge reaches 6ft 5 in.

Just dig a trench on one's own side of hedge thereby raising average height of hedge ...
Then the neighbour banks up hedge same height as trench depth with topsoil on his/her side.... stalemate !!
Let's introduce a pest from overseas which demolishes Leylandii .. does such a thing exist ?

In my short time I have seen these hedges planted and well looked after .. Then hubby leaves home or house sold .. eventually the hedge is left to it's own devices .. criminal !! Should be a licence required for tree planting within x metres of any neighbours property!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

My mechanic found one of these growing out of the gearbox on my Maestro that had been stood a while.

A real live genuine leylandii!!!!

Sponsored Links
This is just a local Govt stealth tax on victims of bad neighbours....

most people pay hugely over priced council taxes as it is , !! it should be FREE

If this law was like the building regs I would fully support it , If you had to get council consent for planting an growth not with standing any complaints /blocking light etc it would be ok

but to be honest
if you ever have this problem its better to try an talk things out with your neighbour,

if all fails ,wait til they are out an mix a solution of caustic soda with water (becareful as its deadly !) in a watering can an go up a ladder an lean over an water the soil /NOT the bush at the roots , the nightmare will soon turn brown an die in most cases in 2/3 weeks ...

What is this country coming too..

ASBO's for Grannies...

ASBO's for those with mental health issues....

ASBO's for those feeding birds in their garden.....

ASBO's for escaping pigs........

Now the ****ing bushes and trees are getting in on the act....what next..ASBO's for Bees and Wasps acting in an antisocial manner.....

This country is a blooming Joke, no wonder there is no money for Policing, Health and Education...councils area taking plants to court for growing!!!

If these bushes are a such an issue, why don't they simply make them illegal, like hoodies, handguns, knives and soon cars!!

FWL_Engineer

you sound a "firey f**k you kinda guy "......I was ...lol scared teehee

you may have wonderful /fantastic friends .... at the minute .... same as me

BUT because the parties are NOT too LOUD all them Neighbours, just hate you ..

stop the music , an let kids go elsewhere ...(******, dad would of sorted 11yo

I must admit I as many will shine toshes to the, burlar-Iriosh/thief , in the Neighbourhood ..

Mr-Jingles said:
FWL_Engineer

I must admit I as many will shine toshes to the, burlar-Iriosh/thief , in the Neighbourhood ..

Bu**er me, another CF/BD manifestation

Some are more difficult to 'profile' than others, not this time tho' same strange laguage.
I have said ... such lunars are allowed to get behind the wheel !

:confused: :confused:

Mr-Jingles said:
FWL_Engineer

Pray tell Jingle Jangle..What ****ing language are you speaking in....or are you simply brain dead!!

10 years ago we inherited one with the house, it will be gone soon !! The 'boles' are thick enough for 80 ft tree, tho topped at 6 ft ..I dislike the bloo dy hyper speed growth stuff ...
:D :D

Sponsored Links
Back