Customer accepted quote and then........

J

js.roofing

When i called to give her a time of arrival, she says sorry i had the job done by someone else. Just wanting to know how many of you running small businesses would send an invoice for wasted time???

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't bother. Just get on with life, it's a bit of a pig, but you'll only feel worse if you don't put it behind you, and she'll spread your name around like mud.

thats why i always ask for a small booking deposit for larger jobs and ring people the week before to say im coming. Any parting with cash tends to focus peoples minds i find!

Thermo said:
thats why i always ask for a small booking deposit for larger jobs and ring people the week before to say im coming. Any parting with cash tends to focus peoples minds i find!
Definitely agree, Thermo

Quote accepted = 1st payment received, otherwise no materials will be ordered.
Order confirmation sent out immediately (2 copies and one sas-envelop for convenience).

Might be a bit different for other trades, but I have a business friend who runs a plumbing business and I convinced him to adjust his terms & conditions also (he sometimes had to wait weeks after a bathroom job was finished for the whole amount, while he had to pay for materials used already - his cash-flow has improved tremendously now)

Sponsored Links
js.roofing said:
When i called to give her a time of arrival, she says sorry i had the job done by someone else. Just wanting to know how many of you running small businesses would send an invoice for wasted time???

I got called to a boiler breakdown by a woman just back off holiday. I arrived at the appointed time only to find another company there! I told her who I was and she replied 'are you not the same company?' I said 'no', she said 'sorry' I said 'so am I, thats £60 you owe me'. Off she went to write the cheque ;)

:idea: thats cos norfolk folk are ok. ive done work up there , a14, a11 turn off left to watton. and it all slowwwwws down. no rush.

i like it, but, i like me road rage...and hence.........i like the m11. :LOL:

its a bit addictive. :oops:

Back