Cutting Filler Panels For Kitchen Units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what type of saw would be best for cutting the filler panels to the right size for my kitchen units,

I need the finished edge to be neat.

I was thinking of a handsaw with a high amount of teeth per inch?

Thanks,

Alan.

Sponsored Links
My personal chioce as a kitchen fitter is the Ryobi 18v cordless circular saw, its a must in any kit and will pay for its self time and time again, its is a bit more expensive compared to a hand saw but once you've bought the saw, battery and changer you can add to your collection as ryobi do an extensive range of cordless power tools and the batteries are interchangable, there easliy a tool for the trade or DIY.

:D http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp;jsessionid=AMLBG2T0V4KDICSTHZOCFFI?id=97400&ts=87227

My personal chioce as a kitchen fitter is the Ryobi 18v cordless circular saw, its a must in any kit and will pay for its self time and time again, its is a bit more expensive compared to a hand saw but once you've bought the saw, battery and changer you can add to your collection as ryobi do an extensive range of cordless power tools and the batteries are interchangable, there easliy a tool for the trade or DIY.

:D http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp;jsessionid=AMLBG2T0V4KDICSTHZOCFFI?id=97400&ts=87227

Do not know if you have already fitted your kitchen. But by carefully planning your units, you can get away with using no filler panels.

Open units can be cut down to the size you require to fill, also 20 m/m can be obtained with certain corners units by increasing the thickness of the central post.

I did this in my kitchen,took a deal of time and effort but is very satisfying when you achieve it.

Sponsored Links
If the cut is straight then I use my cordless circ saw but work from the back to keep the front from chipping. If the wall is very uneven and needs scribing then use a jigsaw with downcut blade from the front.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back