Cutting Porceline tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm just in the process of tiling my kitchen floor using some large polished porcelain tiles, I bought a diamond wheel tile cutter to do the job but when i cut the tiles it seems to chip the edge quite badly, is there a trade secret or knack to doing this without the chipping?? On the tile cutter it says suitable for porceline!

Thanks in advance

Wayne

Sponsored Links
Hm. I generally use a manual cutter for porceleine tiles, but have also used a wet wheel cutter and had the same chipping problem. However, the effect is that the chips really aren't noticeable from 5 foot away (i.e. from eye level).

I seem to remember (but can't be 100% sure) that if you score the tile before wet cutting, then position the tile so that the blade cuts up to the line, then it won't chip.

Wayne

what you do is score the tile with a hand manual cutter 1st or a had scorer ....
+ when using the electric cutter the nack is to not put the pressure on it ...
try with some off cuts an perfect the slow glide ..;)

hope this helps :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back