damp / waterproof plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had the house I'm doing up boarded & skimmed. It used to be damp so we spent ages injecting it all to get it dry first.

It's been two weeks since it was done & suddenly circular damp patches have appeared on one wall where the dot & dab adhesive is. The wall in question was previously dry so I was initially baffled but now I'm fairly certain it's because next door have done theirs up and instead of damp proofing have just put foil backed paper up on their side so their damp is bridging over the header course and onto my side part way up the wall. :evil:

I'm going to try & get them to sort it out but he's a complete flyboy so I don't think I'll have any joy there. One option I have considered (apart from the ones that involve jail) is to take the wall in question down and use a waterproof (foil backed?) plasterboard instead. Is this likely to be a good solution? I've got a young plasterer doing the skimming & I'd board it myself so it shouldn't be too expensive.

What do you reckon is the best option?

Sponsored Links
Do you need to baton foil backed plasteboard or will using dot & dab adhesive be OK?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back