Danfoss HSA3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted a Danfoss HSA3 motorised valve to replace a honeywell with no head! Whoever removed the head from the honeywell has butchered the control wiring (I assume). The Danfoss "manual" is next to useless, I assume. Am I correct in thinking that the brown and blue wires in the danfoss are permanent live and neutral, Which of the other two (orange or grey) should be connected to the cylinder stat, and what does the other connect to. There is no room stat on the system. Am au fait with electricals and electronics but this heating lark is somewhat mystical. Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
You've got it wrong. Look on the Danfoss or Honeywell web sites for details of wiring for S plan (2 x 2 port valves) and Y plan (1 x 3 port valve).

The control circuit is just a sequence of switches, but one of them is a microswitch in the valve connecting grey and orange. Generally Brown feeds from the stat controlling that valve. Blue is neutral. Grey may be permanent live and orange feeds back to boiler/pump, but don't just take my word or it - find and study the control circuit diagram.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back