Danfoss remote Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Had a search through the forum and couldn't find what I was really after....

I want to replace my old Drayton Digistat (no idea of model number) with a Danfoss RT51/RX1 wireless remote stat.

The connections on the Drayton are as follows....
1 = L Red wire
2 = Dem Yellow wire
3 = Sat (no wire)
4 = N Blue wire

The Danfoss wiring diagram for the RT51 receiver is leaving me a little perplexed....

There are six connectors and I have 3 wires....
The Danfoss connections are as follows...

N = Electronics
L = Electronics
1 = Zone 2 on
2 = Com
3 = Zone 1 on
4 = Zone 1 off

Wiring diagram also states:
For mains voltage operated systems link terminal 2 to mains live supply

I tried connecting my Red wire to L and the Blue wire to N and the yellow wire to 2 (Com). It all appeared to work (it didn't go bang!!) however the boiler hasn't fired when a demand for heat is established.

The red wire goes live when the programmer is advanced to on. I also swapped the yellow wire to 3 (Zone 1 on), still ok but the boiler not firing.

Presumably if I link the terminal 2 to terminal L this will work ok? And connect yellow wire to terminal 3 (Zone 1 on). Leaving the blue on terminal N.

Anyone on the forum familiar with these?

Cheers
kinnockthecat

Sponsored Links
On the new stat:

blue wire to N = electronics
Red wire to L = electronics
yellow to 3 = zone one on

The you need to fit a red link wire between the "2 = com" terminal and then "L = electronics" terminal.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back