Danfoss TRV help - can’t remove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m having trouble removing a pretty old trv (picture attached).

It just turns continuously making me think something’s broken underneath.

Can I just snap it off?!

Attachments

• 5C5139CC-9C72-4AE4-92C0-EC9A6DA6ACAA.jpeg
    5C5139CC-9C72-4AE4-92C0-EC9A6DA6ACAA.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 2,240
Sponsored Links
Hello Gmac,

I can’t tell on that photo, but it looks like either steady the valve with one hand and turn, or a spring type, which is about quarter to half a turn and pull up.

Also FYI, should have been asked in plumbing and heating forum to get best responses. :)

Its the black ribbed plastic/alloy washer at the bottom of the TRV. Try with some waterpump pliers and give a little clockwise turn first.

Sponsored Links
I had these, pretty easy to pull off, i gripped with a plumbers pliars and turned the bottom brown thing anticlockwise and it pulled off, pretty sure you can grip with your hands and use other hand to turn that thing anticlockwise just st search on youtube on how to do this.

Hello Gmac,

I can’t tell on that photo, but it looks like either steady the valve with one hand and turn, or a spring type, which is about quarter to half a turn and pull up.

Also FYI, should have been asked in plumbing and heating forum to get best responses. :)

yep hold the white bit and twist the black bit and pull it all up from the black bit vertically. when you turn the black bit it tries to spin back

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back