dawn chorus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hubby out at work and thought Id get a little lie in before rugby this morning. No such luck.
Bedroom door opens at 6. 30am and 3 naked boys enter , one with a triangle, one with a recorder and one with a ruddy cornet and start to play.... well er.. a racket really!!!

jeeze, I look up about to shout shhhhut uuuuuuuppp!!! then see them in a line playing away, proud as punch thinking they sound great.

Kids....

I knew I shouldnt have signed the school consent form for the cornet!!!

I want to encourage the kids to play instruments but secretly, I feel like shoving some cotton wool up the ruddy trumpet ...
Im going to buy some industrial strength earplugs tomorrow!

anyone else got kids learning instruments driving them mad???

Sponsored Links
Toffs, enjoy :LOL: think of all the nice memories when you get old like me :LOL: but i would worry if they have a set of drums on their birthday/xmas list P M

poshman, I thought you were just about 50?? I do not intend being old at 50!!!!!!

As for the drums.. my nephew has some, which now thank goodness are in my sisters attic.

I can remember sitting listening to him, with this little clicker thing which counted his beats or something.
He would have a tape playing and he would just do bum ta bum ta ta, all the way through and we would applaud at the end!!!!

Every birthday and christmas I cringe in case sis lands with these drums!

That said, I used to enjoy having a blast on the drums after a glass of wine and I have to say my nephew sounded better!

I thought it would be easy doing a roll on the drums but its not!

We've got an old joanna and the kids (6, 3 & 16m) all think it's great.......

Sponsored Links
kids picked up and out for two hours... peace!!!

sspark... showing my ignorance here but what is one of those?

securespark said:

was wondering that myself.....

hello toffee....missed you

Singing,Flute,guitar & keyboard! Eldest is good on the flute tho, she wants to go to uni with it. The concerts get to you after a while, at first its all aaaahh arent the kids good , but after a few the off notes and dodgy performances wear a bit thin :rolleyes:
My youngest (4yrs) has Down's syndrome and really hates the other two practising :mad: she can be at the foot of the stairs screeching at the other two who are upstairs practising flute and guitar, oh joy :cry: melodious harmony.........not!

sometimes I'm envious of people with children....so many things missing out on....

but I used to have a neighbor in the back (beyond the bedroom window)-every Sat morning....drums.....beginner....practice.....for a least an hour sometimes longer :LOL:

bless his heart....I wonder if he kept it up.....I moved :)

mlb3c.... thankyou, I missed it here too.
Its just that there is a limit on the personal abuse I will take , once it stops being reasonable debate thats all.
Done and dusted now though. :D

Yes... I moan about my kids but I also know Im very lucky to have them!

Im enjoying the next couple of hours though because there is silence here... and for me, it is a welcome break and time to re charge the batteries.

I truly love them and they provide hours of love and fun.
Equally, they bring times of anguish, heartache and sometimes feelings of total frustration, anger and upset.

Kids!!!!!!

Dellsmp... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: so you have also been there and got the t-shirt!!!!

hey...expensive hobby the flute is it not?
one pal has bought flute for daughter and it cost 350 pounds!

my little one is in the huff because apparently school wont let him do the cornet because he still has baby teeth.
Something to do with the fact that when they come out you cant blow properly!

We've got an electric piano, best part about it is the headphone socket.

Toffee, I came to diynot purely because of offensive abuse on screwfix so I'm with you all the way on that point!
Yeah, the flutes expensive, were now on our second one as the first was a cheapie (£200) to see if she really got on with it, recent secondhand Yamaha flute (£400+) is a big improvement, we can really tell the difference, so can my wallet :rolleyes:
Good job I'm a loaded self employed sparky or we might have to tighten the old belt just to let my darling have her tin whistle :D
seriously tho, kids are great, especially my 'special' one, every family should have one. ;)

on second thought....maybe i dont have it that bad. I get the good and not the headache.....

I'm surrounded by families who have children of all ages.

Im in the garden a lot and it's a good place to introduce kids to the joy of success...imagine their little eyes lighting up when that first sunflower pops up and grows bigger than them!

I have a neighbor with Downs---but afraid not real familiar with the actual "condition" she's in her early 20's and loves the garden and she is a delight

sorry.....didnt mean to overtake the topic....was just thinking of kids :)

dellsmp...
I have a 'special' as you say.. friend who absolutely cracks me up.
He is gorgeous and he knows it and funny and he knows it.
He is used to being treat as special and getting his own way with most people and that includes me.
So, it comes as a bit of a suprise to people when he decides to throw a wobbler!!!!
He is also very affectionate and likes to sit with his hand on the top of your head which poses a problem when you are trying to drink a cuppa and is a distraction if we are out in a cafe or something trying to have a conversation with this hand planted on the top of your head all of the time.
Kids!!!!!!

swelec said:
securespark said:

Joanna rhymes with 'piano'
As in 'give us a tune on your old joanna'

http://www.johnbarber.com/cockneyindexjk.html

Cockney rhyming slang

Another language for mlb3c to learn :D :D

cockney....like in 'Oliver'? or Audrey hepburn in 'My Fair lady'? that language? I have enough difficulties as is..... :)

Sponsored Links
Back