decorating skirting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am decorating my hall.
The existing skirting is just a square block. No bevelling or anything on the top. Where the skirting and wall meet is very rough and patchy. I am going to add some sort of moulding to the top so I get a clean edge with the wall.

Can I get away with painting the walls first, then sticking the new bevelling on top and caulking any gaps. This tome saves me the laborious job of having to neatly paint up to the new moulding when painting the wall.

Sponsored Links
If the tops of the exisiting stuff stuff is rough and bumpy the moulding wont sit very well and will eed some caulk in it..resulting in a poor line

Id go for caulking it up then just brush some of the wall colour along the top once its dry..you only need a half inch wide brushfull all te way around...then cut into it

Oh one other thing...even if your skirting is white the caulk that you dont paint over will eventually go yellowish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back