Devimat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am battling with my Devimat which is to be laid onto a concrete floor. The instructions are far from clear. I understand about the chanel for the floor sensor, but what about the cable from the mat up to the thermostat? Do I just get the tiler to bury this in his tile adhesive or what. I am tiling from wall to wall so can't just hide it under a kitchen unit. Also, I dont think my electrician tested the ohms - he just told me it works. Can I check the ohms myself? Any help gretly appreciated. Marliz

Sponsored Links
Thank you breezer. I can't understand why my electrician didn't do that. When I asked how he had teseted it he said he had turned it on and it worked. I hope he will sign the Guarantee document! Thanks for your time. marliz

Sponsored Links
I know - he is supposed to be! Is there any documentation he should sign when the whole job is finished - recessed low voltage lights & sockets in kitchen? If I ever wanted to change to mains voltage recessed lights would an electrician use the same cabling or would he have to run new? They are all two way switched. Each light has its own transformer. Thanks for your reply. He now cannot come this Saturday as planned and my trusty plasterers are waiting in the wings; should I find a new electrician mid-job or is that a bad idea? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. marliz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back