DeWalt 18V Cordless drill/ driver for £162

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about to buy a couple of cordless drills/ drivers. Not worried about hammer action but it must be a good one. Having asked around, the best one I can come up with for pro. use seems to be this one;

http://www.powertoolsuk.co.uk/webcat/details.asp?ProductCode=DC759KA&ID=1945

In case the link doesn't work, its a DeWalt 18V 2.0A 13mm chuck cordless drill/ driver with 2 batteries and a case (and a free tape!) Product ref. DC759KA. (launched in Sept 04) price = £162 INC from powertoolsuk.

This seems a good price for a decent drill. Would I be right or could I get a better drill for same money elsewhere??

Sponsored Links
chatting today, the opinion is that £162 won't buy a good quality 18V cordless drill by a maker like DeWAlt and at that price they'd have cut corners in the motor and gearbox area.

Any thoughts??? This power tool buyig does me head in. Dealers all trying to push their own fav brand.

Quote from a Hitachi dealer today " once someone has left a DeWalt they don't go back to em" and we're talking pro users here.

each to their own, but i like them good solid and reliable

heeelllooo matz

i got the dwewalt 18v jigsaw [the older one]from these very people with the new battery design for £175

i had previously bought and and returned the jigsaw and replacement to toolstationat £268 cos it was crabbing [down from rrp £500 ha ha who pays that to 333 still to expensive£ 268 aaaa good price now] then saw quite a few now selling about the £170mark
now think of this logicaly 2 batteries at£ 40 pounds each and a charger at £70 pounds give s you a cheep drill or jigsaw :LOL: :LOL: ;)

i dont know if they are cutting quality but sending two jigsaw back for crabbing sound unreal to me

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo kevplumd

i assume the dewalts are better :?:
what was the volts of the hittachi ;)

Good point about breaking down component cost on the drill *Big all*

Didn't go for it in the end. Bought a Milwaukee (Atlas Copco) 18V drill driver, 2.4AH batteries (2) for £220 + VAT. Hope I've made the right choice. I was swayed by the fact that I've already got an Atlas Copco but with a duff charger. The new charger will charge all batteries across the AC range so "I get a second drill"

heeelllooo matz

i think you are doing it right :) :)
you are taking what you have and what you know and improving and extending there usefull life what a good idea :LOL: :LOL: ;)

thats why i bought the jig saw possible duff batteries or charger :LOL: :LOL:
for my drill

Never heard a bad comment yet about Milwaukee tools.

I also believe the Fein range, although limited, are very good. I once had one of their nibblers which was around 10 years old, used regularly and was still perfect.

It may be me but I find hitachi tools to be heavy and uncomfortable in use. We bought a nut runner to replace a scrap hilti. The hilti was better in every respect. ( except the price! )

Although very good, I think there are so many De-Walt tools about some people often ignore the alternatives. They seem to have become a status thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back