diamond wheel tile cutter, HELP, what an I doing wrong????

ABN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok gave in and brought a Plasplug 110mm diamond wheel tile cutter.
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=95945

Cuts quite nicely, only a small amount of chipping on the cut edges.

But when I get to about 15/10mm, as visible from the top of the tile it snaps and takes the corner of the tile with it, usually on the side furthest away from the guide, leaving me with a triangular corner rather than a nice square one. Have tried pushing with different pressures and resting it before getting to close to the end with no success.

What am I doing wrong and what’s the secret to getting square corners?

Sponsored Links
take your time, make sure there is water in the tray to keep it cool. Don't force the tiles through and it should cut neatly.

Plenty of water and not forcing the tiles, going so slowly was nearly overtaken by a snail :eek:

Perhaps should add that the tiles I’m trying to cut at the moment are 10mm thick ceramic.

Was wondering about the blade but at the end of the day 1000’s of the plasplug blades are sold. Would not the inability to cut the tile properly make them unfit for purpose?

Sponsored Links
10mm thick is quite thick. If you're having problems you can always cut from either side of the tile and meet in the middle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back