Dilemma - What should I do?.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Appreciate all input...

I ordered a Baxi Megalfo System Condensing Boiler (24HE..24kW~80,000 BTUs) over 2 weeks ago. It was delivered yesterday, and the invoice clearly states 24HE but the delivered boiler is a 28HE.

Apart from the moral issue, should I keep it? Will it be more expensive to run than the 24kW model? What are the relevant pros/cons of running the system with the bigger boiler?

The new heating system will have 17 rads and a high recovery cylinder - all BTU calcs were done and the 80,000 btu was deemed to be sufficient.

What would you do?

Henrik

Sponsored Links
Keep is as i would say 24kw is undersized for 17 rads and a large hot water cylinder....even 28kw is pushing it.

If you are in Denmark then you must consider the local laws and customs and practices.

Advice for the UK may not be appropriate for Denmark.

I agree that a 28 kW boiler will be better but if the property is well insulated then I am sure 24 kW will be adequate.

You only pay for the heat you use so its no more expensive to have a 28 kW boiler.

Tony

Just accept the mistake and if any one says anything you can claim ignorance. Their mistake not yours. It you proceed and pay for it to be fitted they're unlikely to request a used boiler back and give you a new one. If they did, surely they would then have to foot the bill for secondary fitting too.

I'm quite sure they won't bother. I wouldn't worry ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks ADWT2004,

Reckon that's what I'll do so.............

Henrik

Agile,

Thanks also......

House is in UK and is being completely renovated, with a particular focus on insulation - kinspan board under suspended timber floors downstairs, insulated plasterboard on all external walls, loft insulated to latest spec, new d/glazed sash windows, so that's why the original calc. came up with 24kW boiler. As long as it's not going to cost extra to run, it's good to have the extra ooomph.....

Henrik

As its a heat only boiler I expect the only difference is the size of gas jets!

I doubt that any other part is different.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back