Direct Power Cordless drill from Screwfix any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

I'm looking to buy a cordless 24v drill but I just cannot afford DeWalt or Makita. I will eventually get a good set of power tools but for now I'm looking for something cheap and cheerful that will do the job.

Has anyone bought and used a Direct Power 24v cordless drill that Screwfix sell?

This one:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=100372&ts=41296&id=20449

If it's any good I will get one of those for now.

Cheers
Matt

Sponsored Links
As a keen DIY'er I wanted a decent drill but didn't want to pay the earth, I bought a 'WORX' (orange/black) drill from homebase, 24V, extra battery, good case, hour or two charge time. Since buying my house I have hammered it! (no pun intended), drilled countless holes in hard brick and some grey stuff I can only liken to be hard as the hobs of hell! This was all done with the biggest drill bit I owned to make holes for sunken boxes etc. It goes through joists like a knife through butter with a flat wood bit, and I can say for me it is a good as my sparky friend's De-Walt, fair enough his will probably drill more holes in its lifetime, but for the DIY'er - superb! It has a little LED battery indicator thing which stoped working on mine after it filled up with dust, but it was more of a gimmick than anything so who cares?

I got mine for the bargain price of £60 during a sale, but I think they have now gone back up to £100, if you can stretch to this much I advise you to go on a 10% off day (seem to be every-other weekend now!) and for 90 quid you will not be disappointed! :D :D :D

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

oh yeah, i also use it for mixing up plaster and tile-adhesive!!

For that price you can get the 24V Bosch (got mine from Makro for 85). Workhorse. The only improvement would have been a battery meter - it always gives up part way thru a hole!

Sponsored Links
I have one of those WORX drills as well and would heartily endorse Adamu's statement. Only thing is - I only paid £50:00 for mine on a 10% day :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back