Discouraging children to pass through

R

richsmith2005

There is a council owned scrubland to the rear of my house. There's a bare patch amongst the trees and shrubs which is directly outside my lounge, less than 10 ft from the window. It seems half the kids in the village congregate here (damage the trees, drop rubbish etc). I think the presence of undergrowth in this particular spot would be enough to discourage the kids from hanging about here.

I was going to couple some Rosebushes to block the path and Russian Vine to get the bare ground covered. I could of course shout out the window at them, but they say prevention is better than cure. Even if it were just enough to discourage them being there all the time would suit. Any thoughts?

Richard

Sponsored Links
I'd try some native species - blackthorn - vicious stuff, gorse, hawthorn, brambles etc - also a good bet is nettles - spread quickly and good for wildlife too.

A temporary fix, if you can stand the smell and flies is to spread some manure around the area - horse is quite good - keeps the little brats away and it helps the plants to establish quickly!!

How about approaching the council and seeing if it can be used in some way. Or planted by them?.. it might not even be owned by them!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back