Dishwasher Bosch SGV4313GB - Flooded Base

BVP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks to your forum have been able to track down the leak to flexible seal that connects the recirculating pump body to the sump in the base of the drum. Any suggestions on how to remove this flexible seal would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
Horrible machines to work on.
You have to take the top and sides off, remove the outer door, unhook the door suspension, take the door off and lay it in front of the machine, taking care with the wiring loom. You then have to take out all the screws in the base, inside you have to unscrew the various bits and pieces holding the tub to the base. Once all this is done you have to very carefully lift the tub off the base and put it to one side. Be careful when you set it down as the flanges are easily damaged and the tub will be rendered useless.
Once this is done you have full access to all parts.

Thanks for quick relpy. With the machine laying down on the front door, I have managed to remove the motor and pump casing after removing the base to casing screws to allow the base to be moved to give more room.

One of the motor rubber suspension mounts hadnt been fixed and i guess the motor had been vibrating and worn the seal, hence the leak.

The worn seal is in full view with loads of access but it refuses to budge. Do I need some sort of extractor to get it out? Ta

not to sure of what seal you mean? but would you describe it as looking like a black rubber donut? which fits into the sump ? if so just pull it with a big pair of pliers it is tight.

Sponsored Links
returned from holiday with more strength and a new seal from bosch. Seal fitted and leak gone. Thanks sleepyheah and unclebuck001.

Bernard Parker

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back