Dishwasher Dimensions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to fit our new kitchen which will include space for a dishwasher (which I have yet to purchase after blowing the budget on the kitchen).

I have now become very worried after reading a few dishwasher installation manuals online that a standard 600mm deep dishwasher will not fit in the space due to pipework running at the back of the space (at about 300-400mm from floor). From what I've read standard (freestanding) 600mm dishwashers requires pretty much all the space and inlet/outlet pipes tend to be run close to floor level.

The worktop is 600mm, so cannot have dishwasher sticking out.

Can anyone confirm / deny this??? I will go to store and view some soon but just thought someone may know anything here.

Note that I am aware can get shallower ones (570mm), but I believe that these tend to be semi integrated and therefore expensive.

Sponsored Links
Tavish.
I note that you say, about to fit a new kitchen. You're lucky that you've spotted this in time. As you say, dishwashers, almost invariably, leave no space for plubing behind them. Shorter ones, and Narrower ones are available, but the depth seems to be cast in stone.

But, as you have noted, they all seem to have a little space behind them at the bottom. So:

When fitting your kitchen ensure that, any supply pipes that run behind the Dishwasher, do so close to floor level.

Plan your waste such that, none of it passes behind the Dishwasher (excepting possibly, the rubber waste pipe from the WM, that will also need to be at floor level).

Also ensure that a suitable power point is going to be available (and this cannot be directly behind the dishwasher either).

Taking these precautions now, shouldn't be a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back