Dishwasher - little water entering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The dishwasher has suddenly gone wrong. There is virtually no water entering at start up (or at any other phase). I have checked a few things - there is a good supply, the hose is not kinked, some water is trickling through the side inlets, the drainage is fine.

Anybody help?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i am not a dishwaher engineer, but have you checked the inlet valve filter?

On some there is a very fine "screen" it may be partilay blocked (its the small thing tht you can see when you take the water supply hose off)

Thanks.

Yes. I did check it. It seemed fine. I then removed it completely, just in case, and there was no change.

I appreciate your reply. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Valve?

OK. Where the pipe joins onto the mains pipe - that's where the filter is. Am I right? Is theat where the "valve" is?

Or is it where the flexible pipe joins the dishwasher itself?

I was thinking more of where the fleible pipe joins the dishwasher, because you said that you had tried a couple of things, the water must come out of the hose fairly fast in order to open the valve inside the dishwasher, check that first, there may be something partilay blocking that, as i said it must flow fast

Great! Thanks for the info.

That's my Thursday night sorted.

That handwashing thingy doesn't half play havoc with the nails ......

If you don't see any blockages, try 'tapping' the valve. If that does'nt work then your best bet is to change the solenoid valve itself, they are only about £20 and not too difficult to do(2-screws)! ................. I had the same problem a few months back

Great! Thanks to you both for taking the trouble. I appreciate it :cool:

Has anyone had this problem with a Smeg dishwasher? Ours has just started doing a very similar thing, but the hose that goes into the dishwasher from the water supply is made up of an outer hose containing a water hose and an electrical connection to the 'aquastop' device (and I can't remember what this does!). The pipe(s) go inside the dishwasher so it doesn't look a simple job to replace the fill valve (even presuming I can get one to fit).

Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks!

Strange things dishwashers.
The programer seems to sense when anything is amiss. If any part is not functioning correctly then it may go through the program without doing the wash.
Mine stopped doing any washes just because the pump used to spray the hot water wash around stuck. Since this has an induction motor any slight resistance prevented it from starting. All needed was a quick flick round and a drop of oil on the shaft.
I suggest checking if voltages are being applied to each component as you manually turn the programer. It might give you a clue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back