diverter valve question

B

BOB.DOLE

i have a 3 wire drayton za5 zone valve on a system , the problem is i have bought a new one of the bay and has arrived with 5 wire can i still connect this up

Sponsored Links
roberto, i imagine twisting the grey and white wires together and bunging them in where the brown wire goes , would stimulate a diverter valve action. ditch the orange.

well thats wot i would do.

wilhelm said:
roberto, i imagine twisting the grey and white wires together and bunging them in where the brown wire goes , would stimulate a diverter valve action. ditch the orange.

well thats wot i would do.

i have a brown, blue, orange. grey. earth.

on the one i bought is this a 3 port valve .

cant remember what was on the 3 wire system must have been a blue and a earth and live. on the front of both actuator they are the same

is it best to tie the grey and brown together and put it in where the brown goes and cut off the orange and tape up.

yep, on some valves the white is brown ..... if you know wot i mean. :cry:

so go for brown and grey.

and chocbloc the orange.

Sponsored Links
wilhelm said:
yep, on some valves the white is brown ..... if you know wot i mean. :cry:

so go for brown and grey.

and chocbloc the orange.

is this a 3 port valve then i have

you have a mid position c plan valve that will not work on a w plan diverter valve arrangement

i rang the old dog up tonight and she say,s there is 5 wires going into the junction box from the zone valve, cant get my head round this their is 2 zone valves so it is a s plan but the central heating valve has 5 wires i thought it had 3 but turns out their is 5 connected to the junction box as well has the other valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back