DIY co-operatives

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think it would be a good idea to set up DIY co-operatives..
we all come here looking for help in things and all have some skill or knowledge that someone else doesn't posess..

if for example i am in need of a plasterer, and the plasterer needs a plumber, and the plumber needs an electrician ( me ) then we should be able to do each others on "mates rates".. or at least lend an expert hand..
I've also seen people wanting to practice skills they have learnt or to learn new ones.
like plastering.. someone said they had done some rooms in their house and needed practice but ran out of rooms to do..

so here is your chance..

leave a reply with your name, area of expertese, location and maximum distance willing to travel, and your needs if you have any..

Sponsored Links
I think the mods and admin would see it as advertising. :( Good idea though.

Yes, it will be advertising.

But, you can put your expertise in your profile

how is it advertising if it's for free?

the idea is to help out other diy'ers in return for help from them?

Sponsored Links
ColJack, there will always be those who seek tradesmen for paid work, searching the internet, and indeed, this forum. Internet searches will pick up the tradesmen and list them. No way around it. :(

ColJack said:
how is it advertising if it's for free?

Definition of advertising :
to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it: to advertise a new brand of toothpaste.

Have you never noticed no matter what the programme you are watching on tv, they rarely mention the product brand name. “Sticky tape” being a popular one.
It does not matter if it is paid for or not, it is still advertising.

Back