1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

DIY UFH should I attempt?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by mordzy, 14 May 2019.

1. mordzy

mordzy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi All.

Im currently doing as much as I can on a extension. Im looking to install some UFH and have laid 100mm celotex on the floor slab ready for the UFH pipes.

The space is approx 90m2 with 3 rooms. Bedroom + ensuite and a living room. Ive watched plenty of videos and laying the pipe looks quite easy with the plastic clips into the celotex.

Ive had a number of quotes ranging from 3 - 5k with a DIY kit being approx £1500. Is it reasonable to Lay the pipe yourself and ask a plumber to quote to pressure test, fill and bleed the system for me? and would that be a days work?

Im just trying to work out if the hassle factor and potential of me getting it wrong is worth the saving I may make?

2. In general,people are very wary of doing half the job,a major factor being,if there is a fault,who is to blame and stands the warranty.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. ivixor

ivixor

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Pressure testing and filling it is surely the easiest part of the job!

5. It is....The standing of the warranty for the home owners installed bit is the tricky bit

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links