Domestic instaler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have always done my own electrics then got a qualified sparks to test and confirm all ok. But part P has complicated things so Thinking of doing
training ie 2 day intro regarding testing + 5 day domestic instaler +
regestering with niceic £1500 + test equip etc.
I know time served + fully qualified sparks arn't necessarly happy about this apparent fast track competition But getting a decent sparky out here in the sticks to do small works or eaven the odd rewire is just about impossibel especialy if its to be programed with other works.
Any constructive coments about the above costs, & likleyhood of becoming approved, pitfalls etc welcom

Sponsored Links
If the course gives you the qualification that NICEIC recognise, and if you pass their assessment (your biggest risk area as you don't have much experience of testing), then you will get registered, and the LABC will accept your certificates.

Yes, you will get stick from a lot of people over this, for the lack of time-served route, which you should appreciate, being a builder. Would you employ a joiner or a plumber on the strength of a 5-day NVQ course?

But then you know the quality of your own work, and whether it has always been found to be OK by the electricians who've checked it in the past.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back