Doors between toliet and kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I hope you can help.

I am at the begining stages of planning a redesign of our kitchen. At present we have a tiny kitchen plus a utility room with access through the house to the front and back. To enlarge the kitchen I wish to knock through to the utility room wall making an unverted L shaped kitchen/diner space. Leading off the utility room is a passageway to the back garden and is aprox 1200mm wide; it also houses our downstairs toliet.

Legally do I need 2 doors between the kitchen dinner area and the toliet or can I get away with just the 1 door? The passageway is too wide for a normal sized door and the toliet will be approx, 5-6m away from areas of food preparation and 3-4m away from the dinning area.

Any thoughs welcome, sorry for being long winded!!!

ta

Ben

Sponsored Links
It used to be having a double doors but it does limited the room area so they've got round it by having a basin in the toilet area which mean you only need one door but as always check with BCO first.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies. Found the building regulations on the Deputy Prime Minister's website which confirms this.

Ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back