Dot and dab with what?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a lintel put in above a bathroom window ( I found a builder at last to do it)!
The wall and the window reveal will eventually be tiled, but first I need to 'finish' the surface, as it is only rough blockwork and not at the same level as the surounding wall.
I don't rate my chances trying to used patching plaster, if I use a small strip of plasterboard to cover the lintel what do I 'stick it on' with?
The alternative would be to tile directly on to a concrete lintel. ( not good?)

Sponsored Links
Would a DIY place do that stuff or do I need to go to builders merchant? Does it come in small quanities?

The big orange shed does it and yes, it's available in small quantities although bizarrely it's actually cheaper to buy the 25kg bag than a 12.5kg bag.

Where in the UK are you? Could the builder not finish it for you? Can you not find a plasterer to do it?

Dot n Dab isn't the hardest thing in the world to do but you do have to get it right if you're trying to level it up with the rest of the wall.

How big is the recess that you're trying to fill?

Regards

Fred

Sponsored Links
It is only a small area, literally the lintel itsself, which is only 2 foot long. I I may even be able to make up the difference in height ( 2 cm) with tile adhesive, but I don't want to tie directly on to a concrete lintel!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back