Double WC branch to soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've searched this site and all over the shop, but can't seem to find out if the thing I want to do is unusual or wrong. In planning the first floor bathroom and ensuites etc, I need to discharge two WCs into the soil stack. Question - is the correct way to do this via a double equal branch (which Plumbase sell but the geezer on the phone said they didn't sell many!) into the stack, or two stacks, or some off-set separate connections, which would seem to bring challenging arrangements for correct falls etc?!

Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
If the stack is to one side of both wc's then you'd have a horizontalish bit of soil pipe with the pipe(s) coming through the wall dropping down to it.

Vertical is also an acceptable gradient! For a long drop you'd need special bend at the bottom, but not for short drops.

Traditional slope is 1 in 60, =1.5 degrees

If the SP is between the wc's. You aren't supposed to have opposite entries into a SP so I don't know what the fitting's for! Probably in practise there's no problem.

thanks chris - can two wcs discharge into the same horizontal run of soil pipe on way to stack?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back