Drainage for new structure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am an A-level student currently studying my y13 Graphic Design course. For my project, I am designing a new workplace for my mum who currently has a mobile salon at the end of our garden.
She wishes for a toilet to be installed in her new building as she currently does not have one in her salon. How would I go about doing this and what processes would be involved? Our house drainage system is located about 15metres away from her salon. Could anyone give me an estimation of much cost would be involved with installing a toilet and waste drainage pipes?

if anyone can help me, please post a message.

All the best,
Ashley Garford, 17

Sponsored Links
I can't offer much help on pricing, etc. but it might be worth considering a "Saniflo" type macerator for the WC which would then pump in relatively small pipes to where the house drainage is. This would avoid the major expense of extending the house drainage over 15 metres towards the salon.

Of course in reality you would have to study the relevant Building Regulations, etc. to see what was permitted, but for your project I don't suppose it matters so much.

You're considering a new building in the garden then? You aren't putting a loo in a mobile salon?
You'd need ann Architect or competent builder to draw plans, Planning Permission, and Building Control Dept (local council) approval. Then you'd have to make sure you complied with all Building regs, Electrical Regs, Plumbing Regs.... Water main to the building would need to be 750mm deep...

The Building regs are online, by the way

Lift your manhole and see how deep the sewer line is. For a new sewer you'd be looking for a 1 in 40 drop, so you need about 15 inches...

Not sure what stuff you need. Pricing - try the Building forum!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back