Drilled a hole too big.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've put up a curtain pole with the centre fixing hole having been drilled too big.

I can't move the position of this hole as distance between coving and top edge of window isn't that much.

Has anyone any suggestions how to fill this hole and re-do it? I've heard about putting wood in the hole to fix to? The wall is a solid wall.

Cath

Sponsored Links
Is the hole in the right place?

How big is it?

How big is the screw you intended to put in it?

What colour plasplug did you try?

yes u can bang in a wooden peg and screw into that... find abit of wood, shave it down til its a tight fit and smak it in with a hammer...

if its only slightly too big knock in a brown plug then force another brown or a red plug in the centre
or red in red if its smaller

Sponsored Links
I've plugged holes with two epoxy which comes as a plasticy strip (i.e. not the liquid). Tear a bit off rub it together to mix and push in the hole. The advantage is that its very malleable and easy to fill a hole completely, and once its set its very tough indeed.

boilerbeasty said:
I've plugged holes with two epoxy which comes as a plasticy strip (i.e. not the liquid). Tear a bit off rub it together to mix and push in the hole. The advantage is that its very malleable and easy to fill a hole completely, and once its set its very tough indeed.

and if you are really good you will put the screw in it before it sets

you could always fix a p.a.r batten to the wall, then fix the curtain pole to the batten.

One of my mum's mates makes cutains and pelmets. For fabric pelmets, she uses 2 pieces of softwood screwed together in an L shape. One piece is screwed flat to the wall, and the curtain track attaches to this. The other piece sticks out about an inch in front of the curtain and the pelmet is velcro'd to the front of this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back