Drilling through 'waterproof' plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently we had the plaster stripped off a wall, a chemical damp proof course injected at ground level, and then replastered with waterproof plaster (probably not the plaster itself which was waterproof, but I'm not an expert!)

After letting the wall dry out for a few weeks, I've just reattached the skirting board. I used screws with plugs so I could remove again in the future if needed, but now I've just had an alarming thought: Have I just drilled through the waterproofness of the plaster meaning damp can seep back through to the skimmed layer???

Edit: Just to clarify I have drilled and screwed above the injected damp proof course, but I'm worried that incase that fails (which I hear they often do) the waterproof render will now not hold back any moisture.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks, yeah it was damp proofing. Rising damp coming up the wall. No mention of tanking by the plasterer just removing the wet plaster and replacing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back