drip from pan ???

12 Feb 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
having just fitted a back to wall pan i now find a small drip coming from where the flush pipe enters the pan.... the seal is like a clear plastic finned device .
should i take it back out and seal it, if so should i use silicon or something like hawk white jointing paste

thanks in anticipation

Sponsored Links
sanitory sealer... is that like jointing compound, plumbers mate, silicon???
Sponsored Links
Yep it's silicone, the sanitary sealer is better than standard silicone stuff on the market.
i disagree

but if you must use it make sure is not a tube of "this is sealant for any diy shed"
I dunno, I think Breezer is right about shed sealant. I have had shed-bought clear silicone sealant in the past that would turn white when subjected to a shower and shrunk within weeks.

I have found sanitary silicone to be very good though. Sticks like anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local