Dripping Mixer Tap - need help with valve type

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First let me say I am as far from a plumber as it is possible to get...

I've got a dripping mixer tap (dripping from hot water side). I took it apart expecting a washer/jumper type fitting but it has a rotating cylindrical metal plate with two holes in it and two (what look like) rubber grommet/spring things which push against it forcing a seal when the valve is shut. These grommet/spring fittings are worn and I'd like to replace them but I've not got a clue what they are called!

Can anyone help me with the name of them or what this type of valve is called? Are they a common type of tap fitting? They seem a bit half-arsed to me :eek:

buckie

Sponsored Links
Buckie,

What is the wall of cartridge made out of? Is it plastic or brass?

Mark

Mark,

Is the cartridge the fitting with the metal plate on that slides into the valve? If so it's made out of plastic.

buckie.

PS The actual contact plate that makes and breaks the flow looks like stainless steel, it is < 1mm thick approx 14mm diameter and on the end of the plastic fitting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back