Driveway/car standing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking of making a driveway for off road parking on my front garden,which is on a slight gradient.the approx area is 8 x 3.5 meters. What would be the most cost effective and suitable way to do this,concrete,tarmac,block paving,etc.I know i will need permission for a drop kerb.any help/advice much appreciated,thanks

Sponsored Links
Hmm, maybe using type 1 mot stone with tarmac or concrete on top if you don't mind the appearance.

as said , concrete or tarmac on a good hardcore base ,I wouldnt bother with a block drive....just IMHO

I've got the paving bricks, looks nice but accumulates moss, dirt and weeds in the cracks, and can sink, especially if the ants get in and dig out the sand.

Mines laid on sand on rolled scalpings, maybe a dry lean mix would be less liable to sink.

Sponsored Links
nothing looks better (my opinion only) than a good tarmac'd drive, with a solid blue brick soldier header (laid flat) framing the entire driveway. tarmac laid in two coats 60mm sub, 20mm topping.
mmmmm....nice.
the one thing about block paving though, is its versatility. they can be lifted, work done underneath and re laid, with little if no side effects.
so if youre going to tar or conc make sure you do all undrground stuff first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back