Driveway paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for ideas for repaving my driveway?

Its fairly short, just over a car length, leading up to the garage and slopes a quite a bit towards the pavement.

At present, we have chips odwn, which are spreading onto the pavement given the lack of any lid/edge where the driveway meets the pavement.

I don't want to install an edge to bump over and was thinking of carpet stones or setts, but worried that these may get slippy when wet.

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Sponsored Links
Paving bricks are smart, but will sink if you don't bed them in drylean mix or similar. they are prone to weeds and moss in the joints if not mortared.

Bonded Aggregate looks like gravel, but the stones are held together with glue. Needs a firm base.

If you pave a drive make sure it has a very firm base of compacted stone, and bed the slabs on a mortar bed. Make sure also that the slabs are designed for the punishment of a car.

Sponsored Links
im not a fan of concrete, but if you do it in small sections and seperate it with brick on edge details into small areas it can look effective. Either that or go with wabbits idea as that can look effective.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back