Druggies to get compensation !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well,

That just about sums it up. Heard it on the news today that some druggies in jail had aparantly had their human rights violated by not being given their dose and therefore being "tortured" Now honest people may once again have to foot the bill, wtf sort of country is this turning into. Honest hard working people are having things repossed because they struggle to keep up payments and these d*ckheads are possibly going to get a handsome wad.

Sponsored Links
We also no doubt had to pay for the legal aid.... How depressing this legal system has become..Still suppose the compo will stop them slitting some innocents throat for the price of their next fix ... for a few weeks :rolleyes:

Total Joke, this country is now a laughing stock, we once had a legal system to be proud of, now it is one to be ashamed of.

These idiots became addicts all by themselves, no-one forced them to break the law, and methadone treatment is available in prison.

The fact is some slimy lawyer figured out how to make a buck..you can't tell me these low life scum managed to form a coherent thought long enough to think of this on their own.

I think we should have an open season on Human Rights Lawyers and Drug Addict Aologists..

Sponsored Links
I think the compensation is a great idea. I'm all for it.

Big_Spark said:
These idiots became addicts all by themselves, no-one forced them to break the law, and methadone treatment is available in prison.

In so much that no-one forced you to drink that drink that resulted in you getting a verbal warning for drink driving from the police.

Whilst not wishing to appear a bleeding heart liberal (why are all liberals bleeding heart anyway) I have to disagree, addiction is a disease, the fact that these people are criminals is largely because their addication is criminalised. but the point of the article was, unless you read the Daily Mail, that these addicts were denied heroine substitutes AKA Methadone whilst in jail.

This is not acceptable merely from a health perspective in that instant withdrawal from opiates can cause serious if not fatal consequences.

whilst i agree eddie

tell me you would have the same attitude if the theiving gits had your van and £2,500 worth of tools away

and that was my own family

personally i would put the lot to the buck

kevplumb said:
whilst i agree eddie

tell me you would have the same attitude if the theiving gits had your van and £2,500 worth of tools away

and that was my own family

personally i would put the lot to the buck

Needless to say I'd be incensed, however if there was a clinic down the road, or perhaps even dare I say it an attitiude well hey it's your body, shove whatever kind of **** into it you like (controlled tested, and administered) as long as what you do doesn't affect any one else Then I reckon you could knock a fair amount of drug addition on the head.

Basically regulate (endorse) drugs on the state

1) put all drug dealers out of business - plus all associated activities
2) Anyone that wants to use drugs can get them, cheaply administered, and of reliable quality.
3) Drugs become really uncool 'cos they're state sponsered.

And no, this will absolutely not stop people taking drugs, but the current methods are not working.

kevplumb said:
fair comment and i agree with (most)of it nobody asked them to go down the road tho

True, but there are also some really desperate people out there as well, who are not there from their own volition.

fair comment eddie but then your argument falls down

being in the s**t is one thing if you drop yersen in it when you have been told not to

why the hell should i throw you a lifeline :?:

Perhaps because people deserve a second chance ? perhaps we still have the shreds of a society left? perhaps people still care?

I'd like to think so ?

joe-90 said:
I think the compensation is a great idea. I'm all for it.

Tend to find most down and out non taxpayin wasters think the same :rolleyes:

Eddie M said:
Perhaps because people deserve a second chance ? perhaps we still have the shreds of a society left? perhaps people still care?

I'd like to think so ?

i trew them 3 you want the pair of them feel free

my lad works for a living

Sponsored Links
Back