DRYLINING ADVICE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have stripped the plaster off 2 external walls in my dining room and have been examining different drylining methods.

my question is:

is there any real benefit in using the "systems" i.e. tracks and channels, that the manufacturers advertise or am I as well just to use wooden battens for supporting the plasterboard, and should I install 1 or 2 layers of plasterboard.

House is 1900c 3m high ceilings, sandstone walls. I am going for a vapour resistant board with about 50mm air gap behind the plasterboard

Plaster is not an option as I am not prepared to renew the old lath etc that has now been removed

Sponsored Links
1900c house so its got no insulation on the walls, i would seriously consider putting on some 50mm celotex , it will make a huge difference.
line the complete wall using the correct fixings for the insulation boards, then batton the wall out using wood studs spaced at 400mm . if you check out the screwfix cataloge you will find a fixing that can adjust the wood batton from the wall (i havnt used them yet) but then you can get your battons nice and straight before you plasterboard :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back