duelling lorries...on the m11..

W

wilhelm

well any f***g dual carriageway actually....now...are they clinically thick? ok, i accept there are nissan micra drivers that do 47mph..and have to be overtaken.. but. the 4 mile lorry overtaking sketch gets my goat.
i was behind merc van driver on m11 other day, doing my paperwork and tidying the van as we waited for the berks to finish what they started.. eventually lorry overtakes....and white van man has sense of humour failure, slows right down to 40 in front of offending lorry. nice one saaaan.

...or have i missed something? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
faster trucks have to overtake the slower trucks but ud think the slower 1 would slow down a bit more to get the other truck past

a few years ago my dad was overtaking a convoy of 5 trucks at about 62

they were doin 60

We all give lorry drivers a hard time for this, me most of all! But, I have noticed another overtaking problem, potentially as infuriating and dangerous at times. That is, non-overtaking cars. :eek:

You may have had this before, you are in the outside lane of a motorway, someone is right on your behind, so you pull back in as soon as it is clear. The person who was on your behind then creeps a car-length forward and sits at the exact same speed as you. So, when you come up on another slower car in your lane, you are forced to either slow down and pull-in behind the bootlid-inspector, or put your foot down and cut in front. :rolleyes:

I saw it on the M25 tonight, about 10-15 cars in front of me. Guy in left lane had been sitting with right blinker on for a good minute or so, berk in middle lane sitting in the guy's blindspot, not budging an inch despite having plenty of clear road in front. So, left-lane guy joins the "berk society" by cutting in front of middle-lane berk, lots of flashing of lights ensues, followed by a game of "not let the other guy past" which sent them into the outside lane under an innocent driver's nose. I watched it happen from the start and it looked so dodgy that my foot was hovering over the brake pedal, just in case they started a pile-up. :eek:

Now, I know that you shouldn't let anyone bully you to drive faster than you wish or drop back and lose a whole car-length (oooh), but why drive on my back bumper as if you are trying to get somewhere fast, and then not bother finishing your overtake?! :evil: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
one mans rant is another mans observation.........

or other way round, :confused:

charley-farley said:
wilhelm
well ranted .. good work post ..

andrew2022
your father killed people on the highway due to his erratic drivening .. no nice way to say ...he was a road serial killer not unlike Sutcliffe, killing the bad ....

Andrew 2022 didn't say his Dad killed anyone :eek: :eek: He said he was overtaking a convoy of 5 trucks at 62 mph.
Perhaps you should read the posts properley before you reply next time!

I'd also like to hear more about Sutcliffe killing the bad........ :mad:

1st

Fact from the Family (due the book )

erm it was a dead col

we can accept with ..

it was after the event, ok ...

cana we ask .. any ononew

When bright disc hits moon...

Fact is, second...

Need new, new is clean...

Getting back to lorries ---

Does this sound familiar? You're cruising along the motorway in moderate traffic when you see the dreaded sign "Slow Lorries Ahead". No problem you think. There are three lanes. So why is there a huge bunch of cars building up ahead?

The problem isn't the slow lorry crawling up the left hand lane at 30 mph. What else can he do on this steep hill. It's not any of the lorries crawling up that lane. It's the moron who thinks this is a really good time to overtake those other lorries and is now driving his own lorry up the MIDDLE lane at 31 mph!

I think we need a new road sign to be placed at the bottom of long, steep hills: "Lorries - No Overtaking"

felix said:
Getting back to lorries ---

Does this sound familiar? You're cruising along the motorway in moderate traffic when you see the dreaded sign "Slow Lorries Ahead". No problem you think. There are three lanes. So why is there a huge bunch of cars building up ahead?

The problem isn't the slow lorry crawling up the left hand lane at 30 mph. What else can he do on this steep hill. It's not any of the lorries crawling up that lane. It's the moron who thinks this is a really good time to overtake those other lorries and is now driving his own lorry up the MIDDLE lane at 31 mph!

I think we need a new road sign to be placed at the bottom of long, steep hills: "Lorries - No Overtaking"

steep hilld go to 3 lanes. left for slow, middle for slightly faster and right for even faster. so basically the extra lane isnt there, uf u get where im coming from

Head north on the A1(M) around Welwyn Garden City in Herts (after you come out from under the Hatfield Gonorrhea). You get a few miles where it is 3-lanes on the flat/downhill bits, and narrows to 2 lanes for the uphill gradients. My gripe there is the car drivers who don't understand they need to give it more juice to maintain speed up a hill, combined with those who were going pretty slow in the first place and have now pulled out to overtake even slower cars.

You can be going 70 at the bottom of the hill, and by the time you are at the top of the (relatively mild) slope you are down to 50-55. I know cars can maintain a speed up there. Mine is not a sporty car but I tried accelerating up that hill from 70 at the bottom once, and I got to 100 at the top with no difficulty. So why can't they maintain a speed? :rolleyes: :mad:

So, that's my gripe. People who can't maintain a proper speed in general (especially cars going up shallow gradients)

Sponsored Links
Back