Dutch flood rescue Vid 3/11/06

Sponsored Links
Very good I enjoyed that and whoever had the idea of leading them horses Deserves a medal.

I cannot believe they all followed like that that was amazing.

Horses will always follow a lead, particularly when scared. Some little git kept letting horses out of a field near mine, used to charge up and down main roads terrified. One of the girls from another stables used to just ride up and lead them back...

Fantastic video - wonderful ending.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
Apparently there was a lot of ill-feeling when it was discovered that the owner of the horses was in the meat trade, and they were destined for the abattoir.

This revolting detail was omitted from most of the feel-good web pages
When in Rome..... comes to mind. Horse meat is very common (and healthy, lots of Iron) in Belgium, The Netherlands etc.
That it is not a part of English custom might perhaps make it 'revolting' in your eyes, but over there it's not revolting, and very common practise

WoodYouLike said:
When in Rome..... comes to mind. Horse meat is very common (and healthy, lots of Iron) in Belgium, The Netherlands etc.
That it is not a part of English custom might perhaps make it 'revolting' in your eyes, but over there it's not revolting, and very common practise

Bingo! If it was a load of cows or sheep in a field that were rescued then there wouldn't be uproar about them being slaughtered for meat.

Why is horse any different to beef or lamb? In other cultures is acceptable to eat dog, I wouldn't think it was acceptable for them to eat MY dog, but if it is raised for that purpose then so be it. I shoot and eat rabbit and pigeon, I wouldn't eat my fiancee's pet rabbit, nor would I eat racing pigeons.

Apologies for the hijack but:

The only problem I have with other cultures meat industries is the welfare of the animals. PETA cover their website with video's of "appaling conditions" in abbatoirs, what they fail to mention is that they are in egypt/iran/turkey etc. The meat industry in UK/US is very closely monitored for animal welfare, as I imagine most of Europe would be too.
Until organisations like PETA learn to tell the difference between cruelty and legitimate industry then I have no sympathy for them. There are legitimate welfare organisations I give my support to.

Back